Effective May 25th, 2021
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, basic data files of encrypted text that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before.
Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Hustle to Startup use?
- First Party Cookies: Set and collected by the Hustle to Startup website itself, and only used by the site when a user is visiting it.
- Third Party Cookies: Set and collected by other entities besides the website, such as advertisers or services used by the website for things like web analytics or social media sharing.
- Session Cookies: Only stored in a browser’s memory until it is closed down. Used for many essential site functions, such as quickly loading a page.
- Persistent Cookies: Set up with a specific expiration date, so they will survive in your browser’s memory for a certain period of time before deletion. Used to keep you logged in, track web analytics, etc.
- Secure or HTTP only Cookies: Secure cookies are only transmitted over “https” pages to keep data encrypted and secure. Only cookies prevent any client scripts on the page from accessing the cookie, preventing malicious cross-site-scripting (XSS) attacks
We specifically use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. Hustle to Startup, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Hustle to Startup. This information may be shared with organizations outside Hustle to Startup, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
How to control and delete cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can opt out of Google Analytics here.